Sign in to follow this  
crypticsalt

Let's Help Put a Stop to Exchange Drama

3 posts in this topic

Here's a thought I had this morning that was buried in Discord somewhere.

Tired of exchanges exit scamming? Tired of being warned too late about a coin fork because you don't know how to configure spam filters correctly? Tired of exchanges losing funds due to exploits?

Maybe one day these scenarios can be mitigated with the help of this feature. What if all accounts of team members with listed coins had a singular admin function within the domain to halt trading of their own coin on the exchange without having to have some kind of direct communication that someone needs to monitor. It would be a one way stop everything button that would halt trading within the exchange and transactions into and out of the exchange. In addition it would also do several things for CYA purposes including: send an email from a service account on the internal domain to all relevant support so that it would not be filtered/ignored, snapshot all balances and transactions currently in progress for that coin, automatically tweet out that the team has used this admin feature to halt trading of the coin.

Let me know your thoughts. Is this done anywhere else? Is it possible?

Bitfineon actually provides every listed coin with 2-3 "alert"-keys that can trigger a one-time trading, deposit & withdrawal stop.

To "trigger" the function you have to sign in into the Developers Section of Bitfineon, enter a alert-message (thats going to be send to us) and enter one of the 2-3 keys supplied when you got listed.
This will instantly stop trading and/or deposits/withdrawals.

Once the situation got cleared up with the coin-developers we'll supply them with a new key.
Each key is only able to be used a single time.

However due to our upcoming Support-Plan (24/7 Support, Livechat, Hotline) we do not think that any coin-developer is ever in need of making use of those keys.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kevin Collmer said:

Bitfineon actually provides every listed coin with 2-3 "alert"-keys that can trigger a one-time trading, deposit & withdrawal stop.

To "trigger" the function you have to sign in into the Developers Section of Bitfineon, enter a alert-message (thats going to be send to us) and enter one of the 2-3 keys supplied when you got listed.
This will instantly stop trading and/or deposits/withdrawals.

Once the situation got cleared up with the coin-developers we'll supply them with a new key.
Each key is only able to be used a single time.

However due to our upcoming Support-Plan (24/7 Support, Livechat, Hotline) we do not think that any coin-developer is ever in need of making use of those keys.

Thanks for the reply. Every time I think I have a good idea I find out that the ALQO team has already considered it. 😀

• Thanks 2