2 posts in this topic

Liberio - FAQ

What is Liberio? 

Liberio is ALQO's high performance, user friendly, cross-platform thin client for storing, managing and tracking your ALQO on any device. It utilizes ALQO's distributed cloud network to provide seamless, one-click access to every service offered across the ALQO ecosystem using your Thumb ID.

LiberioMain.png

How can I use it? 

Visit https://liberio.app/register and register your unique Liberio-account. Choose a username (for logging in) and nickname (for using LibChat with friends, sending funds etc.). The nickname will be combined with a unique 4 digit #-code, in order to identify every user more easily: 

image.png

Make sure to use a strong password and keep it safe, only you should have access to it. Your account password should never include these: 

•    any obvious combinations such as 12345, combinations of phone numbers and addresses, or your personal information;
•    any string with sequential numbers or letters;
•    any part of the username with a slight variation of the password;
•    words in the dictionary that a hacker can easily hack with the help of a dictionary program.

After you’ve successfully registered your account, you can visit https://liberio.app/login and use your username and password for logging in. 

It’s recommended to activate 2-Factor Authentification:

1.    Visit https://liberio.app/profile and scroll down to find the QR-Code which is needed for 2FA.
2.    Open up any 2FA-App (Authy, Google Authenticator) and scan the QR-Code.
3.    Make a copy of the QR-Code or print it, in order to be able to restore your 2FA-access, in case you loose your phone or don’t have any backup         etc.
4.    Enter the 6-digit code shown in your 2FA-App and click on “Activate”.

From now on, you’ll need both, username and password + 2FA-Code. Since 2FA-Authentification requires access to the device that generates the codes, it enhances the account security by a great margin. 

What is cold staking and how can I use it?

You are able to stake all coins you deposit into your Liberio account, no matter if the address is generated by Liberio or imported by you. As soon as the coins show up in your Liberio balance, they’ll be cold staked. This does not require any effort from your side, it’s working automatically, around the clock. Magical, right?

Any difference in chances of getting a reward between hot and cold staking?

No, there's no difference, both have equal chances.

Can I optimize my inputs/UTXOs for better staking chances?

This is debatable, but some people do swear by it. If you look at recommended UTXO size at Liberio's Glacier page (after logging in), you will see that the network seems to choose UTXO of a certain size more often (2600 at time of writing).  However, this could also be due to stakers optimizing their UTXOs to this size and creating a self-fulfilling prophecy situation.

How can I import an address that I’m using within the Atlas QT-Wallet?

You can manage up to 15 addresses within your Liberio account. 3 addresses will be automatically generated when you register your account and you can use them right away. If you want to import an address that you’ve used previously within the Atlas-QT wallet instead, you’ll need to export the private key of that address and import it into Liberio. Here’s what to do: 

Before we start: DON’T import a private key of a running masternode. Doing so will stop the masternode, since the collateral coins are not locked anymore, but are cold staking instead. You can import these addresses as watchonly addresses, which allows you to monitor your masternode and get a notification in case the status changes etc. 

Open up the Atlas QT-Wallet and unlock it with your passphrase. Open the wallet debug console and enter the following command: 

dumpprivkey “YOURADDRESS” 

The output you get is the private key of that address. Make sure to keep it private, don’t share it or post it somewhere etc. Anyone who has access to the private key can get the funds of that address. Importing it to Liberio however, is safe and easy:

1. Click on "Addressbook":

Liberio1.png

2. Select "Import Privatekey":

Liberio1.png

3. Paste the private key and click on “Add”.

That’s it, you should see your imported address in your address book now. 

How can I export the private key from an address within Liberio and import it into my Atlas QT-Wallet?

Liberio1.png

2. Select the address you want and click on the button to unveil:

Liberio2.png

3. Copy the private key, open up your Atlas QT-Wallet, unlock the wallet with your passphrase and use the following command in your wallet  debug console:

importprivkey "YOURPRIVATEKEY" "LABEL" true 

(LABEL: Name you want to set for that address)

4. It’ll automatically reindex your wallet after adding the private key. You should then see your Liberio address in your Atlas wallet and should be able to use it as easy as all the other addresses in your wallet. 

How can I add an address to my Watchonly Addressbook?

If you want to add an address from your Atlas QT-Wallet to your watchonly addressbook, here's what to do:

Liberio1.png

2. Select "Add Watchonly Address":

Watchonly.png

3. Copy the message to sign:

Sign Message.png

4. Open up your Atlas QT-Wallet, go to the file menu and select "Sign message...":

Sign Message Atlas.png

5. Click on the button right next to the address field and select the address you want to add from your receiving addresses, then click "choose". Now paste the message to sign you've copied earlier into the big empty field, followed by clicking on "Sign Message". If you set a passphrase, you'll be asked to enter it so that the ownership of that address can be confirmed. After you've done all these steps, it should look like this:

Signature.png

6. Copy the signature and paste it into the Liberio prompt, into the "signature" field. Don't forget to copy and paste the address you want to add one field above, into the "address" field. It should look like this, after pasting both address and signature:

Verify & Add.PNG

7. If everything is correct, click on "Verify & Add" to add the address to your Watchonly Addressbook.

All balances from your addresses in your Watchonly Addressbook will reflect in your total balance. If an address is linked to a masternode, it'll be included into the masternode monitoring section of your Liberio account (once the feature is fully enabled).

8. Check out the overview video we created for Liberio's features here: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1